Monday 22 April 2013

// // Leave a Comment

Why I want to be a photographer

I guess this image had been circulating around the social network like a speed of light.

End of the day, is this what you really want. It is just like a merry go round. People come, people go; starting up and leave.

There are a lot of people inspired to be what they really want. But, does that work it out?

Yes, BitRebels pointed out something very truthful, you may want to read them up.
 
What is the main reason that a person want to quit their daily job and be a photographer. Instead of asking or waiting for others to answer you, let me tell you mine first.


Why I want to be as well...


The day I stepped in the studio, looking at all the fanciful lighting, workflow, team and space, I told myself, I will be a photographer one day. That is what a common people really think of.

I ponder with that thoughts. Day by day, month by month, year by year.

I moved from one job to another. I love what I am doing. All the audio, video, encoding and images, it bring me a smile on my face.

A job that did not give me self esteem, getting no where and no appreciation, it means I need to leave.

By then, I decided to be a photographer. I can accept anything that fall hard on me, because I learn through tough experience, especially dealing with people. I am glad. It helps on my photography career.

Since the day I transformed to be a photographer. I said to myself:
I am no ordinary photographer. I will do something different from others which is not common at all.

By a fall of luck, I am fortunate to deal with something really different apart from wedding, models and couple shoot.

I love exploring, from audio to video. I know what are things to look out for, although not the professional level, but good enough for the end products.

As the image shown. You are not just a photographer, but a businessman. You deal with lots of email, coordination, and business as well.

In short, you are a boss, coordinator, office boy, sales and marketing personnel.

Think business. Whichever that can helps you to generate more income.

You are no hobbyist. There's no need to produce top notch quality work when earning peanuts. Give what the client want, unless a top up is shown black and white.

Always send in quotation for approval for every job before commencing, even though you are serving the same client. Client will be shock on the bill. You must make sure the client sign it or send you an email for a GO ahead; even they urgently need for the image, you need to stand firm and wait for the approval. This is all about protecting yourself.

Do not trust verbal, it hurts. Been there, done that. I am foolish, but I learn.

Committing to photography business percentage is higher than you go out shoot. Editing after editing, email after email, you will spend most of the time on that. Get used to it.

Even though there are a lot of things I need to look after, I am still very happy with what I am doing.

All thanks to my family, wife and kids.... I love ya, thanks for supporting me.

Like I said, I am not just an ordinary photographer, but a businessman.

How about a Photo-trepreneur for me?



Image: Fotospeeds

0 comments:

Post a Comment